This succulent Mediterranean salad is both healthy and filling at the same time. Preparation time: 10 minutes, and no cooking time required if you buy the shrimp cooked!
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
- 10-12 shrimp
- Spring mix salad leaves or any salad greens would work
- 1 tin of chickpeas (washed)
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- Half a red pepper sliced
- Half an avocado sliced
- Olive oil for dressing
- Juice of half a lemon
- Half a tsp. of Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, combine a generous portion of olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Stir well to ensure all ingredients infuse together.
- Place the salad leaves, chickpeas, onion, cucumber, and red peppers in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Taste and add more or less olive oil or lemon juice to taste.
- Place the salad into separate bowls if serving for multiple guests.
- Add the avocado slices and shrimp on top, and it’s ready to eat!
The shrimp can also be replaced with chicken, tuna or any other protein you may prefer.