This summery fresh pasta recipe will leave you feeling full, but without that stodgy feeling that some cheese-filled pastas bring with it. Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
- 260 grams of linguine pasta
- A large pot of boiling water
- 4-5 large juicy tomatoes diced (or a tin of Hunts diced tomatoes)
- 3 tbsp. of capers
- Bunch of mint leaves chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves lightly crushed
- 1 fresh red chili pepper finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and insert the linguine pasta. Boil for 10-12 minutes.
- In the meantime, dice your fresh tomatoes or use a tin instead.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pan and fry the crushed garlic for 2 minutes until golden, then remove the garlic. This should leave you with garlicky olive oil.
- Add the chopped chilli and fry for circa 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes and stir well. Leave for circa 3-4 minutes (until it thickens and some of the juice has evaporated).
- Add the capers, mint, lemon juice, salt and pepper, then mix it all through..
- Drain the pasta and add the linguine to the sauce and mix.
- Add more lemon, salt and/or pepper to taste.
- Serve whilst hot and enjoy!