Salmon is great because unlike some other fish, it’s simple to cook. It’s also filling and packed with omega-3. My husband (Ahmet) taught me how to make this and we usually have it with a side of broccolini or carrots, but it would taste great with potatoes too. Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
Salmon dish ingredients
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 large white onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely sliced
- Bunch of dill finely chopped
- 1 tsp. flour
- 2-3 lemons juiced
- Splash of white wine
- 4-5 tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Side dish ingredients
- Broccolini bunch (enough for two sides)
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking tray (with aluminum foil at the bottom), coat the fillets in olive oil and add some salt. Cover the tray loosely with aluminum foil.
- Once the oven is preheated to 400 F (circa 200 C), place the salmon tray inside the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- For the sauce, heat olive oil in a deep pan on medium heat and add the onions. Mix occasionally for about 5 minutes until the onions become a little tender.
- Add the garlic slices to the pan and mix with the onion. Allow to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix, then add a splash of white wine and mix again. Leave for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and mix occasionally. Leave for circa 5 minutes, until some of the liquid evaporates.
- In the meantime, fry the broccolini in a wok with some olive oil for circa 5 minutes, mixing and turning often.Turn the heat off and add crushed garlic, then mix.
- Add the dill to the sauce right before serving and mix (it is added at the end so that it keeps its bright green colour).
- Add more salt and pepper to taste as required and serve once the salmon is ready.