This marinated chicken breast recipe is something we make at home often. We marinade the chicken and serve it with a side of palm heart salad, broccoli or bulgur salad. Once marinated it keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days. It’s my husband’s (not-so-secret) recipe now – Enjoy! Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 10 minutes.
- 2 chicken breasts sliced into various strips (this is optional and can be cut or sliced however you prefer)
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2-3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. red pepper paste
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken strips into a plastic container.
- Place all the ingredients over the chicken, with the olive oil last.
- Mix thoroughly so that all of the chicken is coated in the marinade.
- Seal the plastic container and place in the fridge for a few hours (you can cook this straight away, but it tastes better after a few hours or even overnight once it has a chance to properly marinade).
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat a pan on medium heat.
- Fry the chicken for 4 minutes on each side (no need to add extra oil as the marinade already contains this). Use a lid to cover the pan at an angle while frying (not fully) – this will help contain any mess. If you have large pieces of chicken, fry for an additional few minutes until cooked.
- Serve the chicken alongside any of the salad or sides listed here.