This deliciously simple pasta recipe is packed full of vitamin A, C and K. This dish will leave you feeling full, but without that stodgy feeling that some cheese-filled pastas bring with it. Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
- 260 grams of linguine pasta
- A large pot of boiling water
- Large bunch of curly parsley chopped
- 2-3 scallions / spring onions chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 fresh red chili pepper finely chopped (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and insert the linguine pasta. Boil for 10-12 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the parsley, spring onion, chili pepper and garlic.
- Two minutes before the pasta is ready, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pan and fry the spring onion for about 45 seconds, then add the garlic and chili pepper. Fry for another 40 seconds until garlic becomes soft (but not brown)
- Drain the pasta and add the linguine to the pan. Add three-quarters of the parsley and mix well.
- Add a sprinkle of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste then mix again.
- Serve the linguine with the remaining parsley on top as a garnish, and enjoy!