Shepherd’s salad, known as çoban salatası in Turkish, is easy to make and very healthy. It is also popular in other Mediterranean countries where juicy tomatoes grow in abundance.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 or 5 juicy tomatoes chopped in small pieces
- 2 small cucumbers chopped in small cubes
- 1 green pepper chopped in small cubes
- 1 red onion chopped into small pieces
- Bunch of parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Lemon juice or red wine vinegar (whatever you prefer)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turkish black olives (optional)
- Place all the chopped vegetables in a serving bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice or vinegar, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix well.
- Garnish with black olives and serve with bread (optional).