White kidney beans are incredibly nourishing and a great natural anti-inflammatory. This simple Turkish recipe known as ‘Fasulye Piyazi’ is popular as a meze or salad for the family to share.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 2 cans of pre-cooked white kidney beans (or cannellini beans)
- 1 can of black olives (stones removed)
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup of cherry or plum tomatoes chopped
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice)
- Handful of parsley finely chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs cut in halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tsp sumac spice (optional)
- 1 tsp pepper flakes (optional)
- Drain the kidney beans and wash with cold water before placing in a bowl.
- Add the onion, tomatoes, olives and parsley to the bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, sumac, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper then mix well.
- Boil the eggs for 12-15 minutes so that they are hard boiled.
- Once the eggs are ready peal and cut into halves. Use these as garnish.
- Eat straight away or refrigerate to eat later.