This colourful Mediterranean potato salad is ideal for BBQs, lunch or picnics as it can be made in advance and keeps well refrigerated for 2-3 days.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 6-10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4-6 people)
- 1-2 bags of mini potatoes (500g – 1000g)
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup of cherry or plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2-3 spring onions chopped
- Handful of dill finely chopped
- Handful of parsley finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tsp sumac spice
- 1-2 tsp pepper flakes (optional)
- Wash the potatoes well. cut these in halves or quarters and boil accordingly. I boil mine for about 6-8 minutes so that they aren’t too soft.
- Once the potatoes are ready, run them under cold water and leave them to cool while you get on with the rest.
- Add the chopped onion, tomato, peppers, dill and parsley to a large salad bowl.
- To create the dressing, add the olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic, sumac, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to a small bowl then mix well.
- Put the potatoes in to the salad bowl and pour the dressing on top, then mix to combine all the ingredients with the dressing
- Add more salt, pepper, sumac or pepper flakes if required.
- I refrigerate the salad for a couple of hours at least but it can also be eaten straight away.