An easy breakfast idea that looks and tastes beautiful! If you don’t like pomegranate then replace this with capers.
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
- 2 slices of bread toasted
- 2 fried eggs
- 2-3 smoked salmon slices
- Chopped chives
- A few juicy pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice (more if you like it lemony)
- Salt to taste
- Fry the eggs in the olive oil over a medium heat for a few minutes. I like my eggs runny but if you prefer them well cooked then fry for longer.
- Toast your bread slices and add the lemon juice directly to the bread.
- Layer the smoked salmon on top of the bread, followed by the eggs.
- Sprinkle the salt, chives and the pomegranate seeds on top.