Chickpeas are incredibly nutritious and filling. Two cups provides your entire daily dietary requirement of fiber and when we combine chickpeas with heathy fats such as olive oil, it actually enhances nutrient absorption.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 2 cans of pre-cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 2-3 spring onions / scallions finely chopped
- 1 cup of grated carrots (3-4 medium carrots)
- 1-2 small cucumbers finely chopped
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- A drizzle of red wine vinegar
- Handful of dill finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the chickpeas and wash with cold water before placing in a bowl.
- Add the onion, carrots, cucumber, red pepper and dill to the bowl.
- For the dressing, mix the olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a separate bowl before pouring over the salad and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped dill and more pepper.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or even overnight prior to serving.