Goats cheese is easier to digest than many other cheeses because goat’s milk is lower in lactose than cows milk. The presence of lactose (milk sugars) is a major reason why some people cannot digest dairy very well. Goats cheese also has less calories and fat than the likes of cheddar, brie or gouda – yet is still packed full of calcium.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
- 2 slices of pita bread cut in halves
- 10-12 slices of goats cheese
- 3 slices of red onion
- 4 sprigs of coriander
- 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- Toast your pita bread slices and spread the mustard inside the bread.
- Place the goats cheese inside the pita bread and top with red onion, red pepper flakes and coriander.