Dill, tomato and lemon shrimp is so easy and quick to make, very tasty and packed full of goodness. Dill has been used for culinary and medicinal purposes for hundreds of years and is said to boost our immune system, aid digestion, relieve arthritis pain and more.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
- 18-20 raw shrimp
- 4-5 spring onions (scallions) chopped
- 5-6 cherry or plum tomatoes chopped
- 6-7 sprigs of dill chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp spicy ‘pimienton’ (if you don’t have this use chili powder)
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with dill
- Fry the raw shrimp for 1.5 minutes on each side in the olive oil and pimienton over medium heat (until they turn dark pink).
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside for now.
- Add the spring onion to the pan and cook in the remaining olive oil for a minute or so, until tender (don’t let them burn).
- Add the tomatoes and lemon juice to the pan and mix.
- Place the cooked shrimp back into the pan and simmer for a minute, coating the shrimp in the sauce, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat off and add the dill to the pan, mixing the ingredients to coat the dish.
- Garnish with more dill once served and eat while hot. Serve with crusty bread.