This is really easy to make, tasty and healthy (one serving is less than 200 calories). I make this in batch during the winter to last me a few days. It can also be frozen if you wish. Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 pumpkin peeled and chopped into cubes
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes or cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube (bouillon)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the pumpkin, onion and garlic in the vegetable broth for 20 minutes until the pumpkin is very soft (I use just enough water to cover the vegetables).
- Transfer the contents to a blender (including half of the broth it was boiled in – you can add more or less depending on the consistency you prefer).
- Add the curry powder to the blender and blitz the soup until it is smooth.
- Add salt, pepper and chili flakes.