An easy lunch idea for garlic and seafood lovers any day of the week.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
- 1 tin of mackerel in olive oil
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes sliced
- Chopped chives for garnish
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 garlic clove minced
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic together as a dressing.
- Toast your bread and spread half of the dressing directly onto the bread slices.
- Layer the tomatoes onto the breas, followed by the mackerel (discard the olive oil in the tin).
- Add the remaining dressing on top of the mackerel.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper and chives on each slice.