Kidney beans and chickpeas are incredibly nutritious and filling. Two cups provides your entire daily dietary requirement of fibre and when we combine chickpeas with heathy fats such as olive oil, it actually enhances nutrient absorption. Coriander really makes this salad taste awesome and is packed full of vitamin C and vitamin K.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 1 cans of pre-cooked chickpeas
- 1 can of pre-cooked kidney beans
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1-2 small cucumbers chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 large bunch of coriander chopped
- 1-2 lemons (juiced)
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the kidney beans and chickpeas, then wash with cold water before placing in a large bowl.
- Add the onion, cucumber, yellow pepper, tomatoes and coriander to the bowl.
- For the dressing, mix the olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper in a separate bowl before pouring over the salad and mix well.
- Only dress what you plan to eat. Keep the rest refrigerated without the dressing.