The ideal side dish in my opinion. Spinach strengthens your bones and your muscles, improves your eyesight, has an anti-cancer effect and so much more. Preparation time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 5 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Two large packets of spinach thoroughly washed
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- A splash of white wine
- A sprinkle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation and cooking
- Wash the spinach thoroughly in cold water.
- Add olive oil to a large pot and sauté the garlic for about 45 seconds over medium heat until it softens (careful not to burn it!)
- Add the spinach to the pot alongside a splash of white wine, salt and pepper, then mix it together.
- Cover the pot and let it steam for about 2 minutes.
- Uncover and mix. Let it cook for a further 1-2 minutes uncovered.
- Once it’s wilted, it’s ready to serve. Perfect alongside chicken or salmon.
- Add more salt and pepper if required.