This simple summer salad is delicious. It reminds me of Spain and the food served at the tapas bars that line the streets in Malaga.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
- 1-2 large Spanish tomatoes sliced
- 1 tin of tuna in olive oil
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 6-7 mint leaves chopped
- 4-6 marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange the tomato slices on a plate and top with the red onion slices followed by the tuna (I drain the oil in the tin and discard).
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon, mint, salt and pepper. Stir well to ensure all ingredients infuse together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and place the marinated artichoke hearts as the finishing touch.