This beautifully simple cabbage salad is so easy to make and improves digestion. It contains lots of vitamin C and keeps your heart healthy. It keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Preparation time: 15 mins
- 1 cabbage (red or green) shredded or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1-2 lemons juiced
- 1 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- Shred or finely chop the cabbage, wash well and place in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and salt, mixing with your hands to coat everything well. This process is what will soften the cabbage so make sure you use enough olive oil and salt at this point.
- Add the lemon juice and freshly cracked pepper, then mix.
- Refrigerate overnight for lunch or dinner the next day.