This easy spicy feta salad works as a main meal or as a side dish. I love the tangy, salty, creamy taste of feta and every time I eat this it reminds me of beautiful Greek island life.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2-3 people)
- Spring mix salad leaves or any salad greens would work
- 1 /2red onion finely sliced
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- Half a red pepper sliced
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes chopped in quarters
- 4-5 radishes sliced
- 1/2 tin of tomatoes
- 1/2 tin of olives (Turkish black olives, Kalamata Olives or pitted Spanish Olives)
- Feta cheese (more or less as you prefer)
- 3-4 tbsp. olive oil for dressing
- Juice of half a lemon
- Half a tsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and chili flakes. Stir well to ensure all ingredients infuse together.
- Place the salad leaves, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, radishes and red peppers in a large salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Place the salad into separate bowls if serving for multiple guests.
- Arrange the olives on top of the salad and crumble the feta cheese over the salad, and it’s ready to eat!