Broccoli and cauliflower can be perceived to be a little boring as a side dish. However, adding garlic and lemon literally transforms this side dish and gives it a lot of flavour. Perfect alongside chicken, beef or fish. Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- One packet of broccoli florets or cauliflower florets
- A pot filled with boiling water
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- Juice of one lemon
- The rind of one lemon
- A sprinkle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the broccoli or cauliflower florets into a large pot of boiling water on medium to high heat, and place the lemon rind into the boiling water. Let this boil for about 5-7 minutes. I like my broccoli a little firm but if you prefer this soft then boil for longer.
- In the meantime, add the olive oil, lemon juice and crushed garlic into a bowl and mix. Add salt and pepper also.
- Drain the water and let the broccoli florets cool for a couple of minutes before placing these into a large container (discard the lemon rind).
- Pour the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic mixture over the broccoli.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- This can be eaten straight away or can be left refrigerated and eaten cold.
One Comment Add yours