Yogurt is widely used throughout Mediterranean and Middle Eastern countries, with slight variations in prepping. I like to serve this alongside main dishes as it complements white rice and chicken or lamb perfectly.
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 1 pot of natural or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of cucumbers finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp. spicy chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- Place the yogurt into a bowl.
- Add the cucumber, garlic, chili flakes and salt then mix well.
- If the yogurt is too thick add some water and mix (it should be creamy but not too thick).
- Eat straight away or refrigerate until serving time.
- Garnish with more chili flakes.