I experiment with lemon quite often in my recipes because I absolutely adore it. Adding lemon and dry mint to rice makes it a little more exciting.
Preparation time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 15 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 2 cups of white basmati rice
- 3 cups of boiling water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Rind of 1 lemon cut into 6 pieces
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. dry mint
- Salt to taste
- Wash the basmati rice well under cold water.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat, then add the rice, lemon juice, half of the dry mint, salt and the boiling water.
- Mix to combine the ingredients and carefully place the lemon rind on top of the rice and cover.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the rice simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and discard the lemon rind.
- Fluff the rice with a fork before serving and add the remaining dry mint.