Roasted chicken wings, thighs and legs with zaatar, garlic, lemon and red onion – Another one of my ‘one tray’ recipes, creating less to wash up later. The chicken will be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Preparation time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 60 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- A mix of 8 chicken wings, legs and thighs (bone and skin on)
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 red onions quartered
- 4-5 tbsp. zaatar
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
In a bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, zaatar, chili flakes, salt and pepper together to create a marinade.
- I prefer to leave the chicken in the marinade over night in the fridge, but if you don’t have time then simply dip the chicken into the marinade and arrange (skin side up) in a baking tray.
- Dip the onions in the marinade and arrange in between the chicken.
- Sprinkle a bit of zaatar on top of each chicken piece.
- Roast in the oven for 60 minutes, basking the chicken with the marinade within the tray every 15 minutes to keep the moisture.
- Once the skin is crispy and the inside is tender, it’s ready to serve. Add more salt and pepper if required.
- Serve with lemon potatoes or oven roasted sprouts.